DeAnn Gietzen, Licensed Massage Therapist, successfully completed the CE Summit hosted by the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professional. The Summit, held over the course of three days, offered massage therapists from across the country the opportunity to learn from and interact with leading industry professionals.
Gietzen successfully completed the following:
- Massage Therapist’s Guide to COVID-19: Pathology expert focused on current understanding of COVID-19, including the pathophysiology, communicability and complications of the infection. Course included discussion on how to make safe, effective, evidence-informed decisions with clients
- Balancing the Shoulder: Practical Clinic: This interactive course provided four mini-sessions including visual assessment to treatment strategy to technique. It included techniques for balancing the myofacia of the shoulders, arms and hands. Participants learned to recognize ideal and compensated patterns resulting from shoulder issues.
- Plantar Foot Pain: Interactive session sharing insights about relevant anatomy, research, mechanisms, assessment, strategies and hands-on techniques for effective work with plantar foot pain.
- A Detailed Approach to General Neck Pain: Expert-led session discussing the most common complaint from clients: neck pain. Several techniques demonstrated to alleviate neck pain.
- Addressing Health Disparities in Communities of Color with Wellness Approaches: Course highlighted the factors contributing to health inequalities for Black, Hispanic and Native American Communities and explored the role the wellness industry can play to address the inequalities.
- Presence, Boundaries and Emotional Resiliency: Industry leaders discussed the benefits of modifying definitions of boundaries, serving and what it means to be a health partner.
- Touching Trauma: Participants engaged virtually to learn to work effectively and safely with clients experiencing trauma and empower them to use bodywork sessions as a tool in the healing process.
- Connection and Courage in Times of Uncertainty: Industry-leading facilitator explored how to connect to others in ways that fill deep needs and how to have brave conversations when the outcomes cannot be controlled.
The CE Summit was presented virtually over the course of three days with live and interactive sessions in an effort to support massage therapists and bodyworkers in their dedication to continually staying abreast of important topics in the industry. Regularly completing continuing education courses is a stringent licensing requirement of North Dakota Board of Massage Therapy and proves a therapists commitment to staying abreast of industry best practices and modalities.
DeAnn Gietzen is the owner and licensed massage therapist with Northern Mandala, LLC. Northern Mandala has locations in Grand Forks and Minot, North Dakota.
Through a 750-hour training program at Josef’s School of Hair, Skin and Body, DeAnn received advanced training in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and pathology. The course also included clinical practice, practical application and certification in CPR, first aid and AED. DeAnn has successfully completed the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx) offered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards. She is licensed in massage therapy by the state of North Dakota. DeAnn has also achieved Functional Movement Therapy Certification in Cupping and Muscle Flossing. Schedule your massage with DeAnn today.
Schedule your appointment online today: Grand Forks (schedule online), Minot (text 218-791-0704 for appointment).